Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Letter To My Renaissance Friends

My name is John Davidson I have been an occupant here at Renaissance facility for three short months. I have come to love many of the occupants, the staff, and the care- givers very much. I told my family and my friends that I was going to come here and live for three months and see if I could adjust to a new phase of living. I prayed long and hard by making my decision to come here and try a new style of living. I had the support and the encouragement of my children all thru this transitions period. I had many doubts for a while that I could not change my life style. But so many people were so kind and friendly it made me feel so welcome. I feel that you have accepted me in to your family.

I spent many hours praying to God that he would lead me and guide me in my decision to come here and give it a trial run. I really believe that he has led and guided me to be here. I still miss home and friends back home in Goodwater, AL. but I will preserve. Now after three and one-half months I believe due to my advanced age and some physical adversities, I believe that this is the best place for me to spend my remaining years here.

I believe that God still has things that I can do to serve him and glorify his name. I do not know what those things are just yet, but I believe that he will reveal them to me in due course. I hope and pray that I can live up to your expectations of me. I love you all very much.
Your renaissance friend-John Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment