Tuesday, July 19, 2016



                                My Introduction To Jesus



                                       
                                      
I would like to introduce you to a very good friend of mind. I met him many years ago at a country church. It was in a revival at this country church. It was one of those revivals that lasted all week long, I mean it was an eight-day revival that begin on Sunday morning and lasted until thru the next Sunday night.

I had sat in about the third pew from the back of the church. I believe it was about Friday night. This  was where I usually sat. I had been sitting on this same pew all week long. This elderly person had been sitting on this same pew all week long. But he had not said any thing to me nor had I said anything to him. I did not know him and my Mother always told me not to talk with strangers unless they spoke to me first. This man looked a little different to me. He had a slight beard and his hair was longer then most people wore their hair at that time. I thought to my self that this man was very well groomed, even thou he had a beard and long hair. When he looked at me he would smile and he winked  to me. You could tell that he was a kind gentle and loving person.

In my timid boyish nature I felt that I would like to meet this man. But since my Mother had taught me not to start a conversation with adults or strangers, I knew better to disobey her. It was in the invitation that was given at the end of the service. I could not contain my self any longer. I noticed that my knuckles were turning blue where I gripped on the pew before me. This elderly man reached over and put his hand on top of my hand, and winked to me again, and smiled to me. I knew then that I had the courage to release my grip from the pew and move forward and go surrender my heart to Jesus, and tell him I want him to be my Lord and Savior. It was a glorious feeling. It was like a hundred pound of burdens had been removed from my shoulders. On top of all that, my young brother had been sitting on behind me in the church. By the time that I had gotten to the alter, my young brother had followed me to the minister, and he surrendered his heart to God also. My Mother and Dad and the rest of my family were attending the service. You can imagine what kind of celebration that we had around the alter.

After the service was over, I went out side and looked for the elderly man, but he was no where to be found. While walking home with my family, I ask my Dad if he knew the elderly man that sat with me in church. He grinned at me and said did you not meet him. I answered to him and said, well no, not really, he put his hand on my hand and he winked to me and smiled to me. But no one formally introduced us to each other.  He said, I believe you will meet him many times again and again. He said he is a man  that will be the closest and best friend that you will ever have on this earth. He said yes, I know him, his name is Jesus Christ. He is the person that you just committed your life to him and promised to serve him the rest of your life.

Dear Jesus I thank you for that night that you sat with me and gave me the strength and courage to move me in to your holy spirit, and give me eternal life. I know dear Jesus that I have not always been true to you and your will for me. I apologize to you and ask for your forgiveness. Dear God that was about sixty- five years ago since that wonderful night. I know dear God that I have not been a model Christian that you expected of me. But dear God I have kept my faith in you, I love and worship you. There have been times that I was disobedient to your will, and sinned against you.


Now dear God I can say that within the past fifteen years that I have been obedient to your will, I have served you, I have displayed my love to you, I have picked up your cross and followed you. I know that I am a child of yours. I feel continent, joy, love and happiness in my heart. I know when I die that I will go to heaven. Thank you dear God for the many blessings that you have bestowed on me and my family.

This is a prayer story, it is partially a story of the night of my conversion, and it is partially my testimony. Of course the character that sat with me is imaginary. Hope you enjoy my story.

                                                 John Davidson              
  

No comments:

Post a Comment