Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Thought For Today April 5th 2011

Are you a basket case ?
Are you in a state of complete helplessness ?
Has everything got to be just perfect around you or you aren't a happy camper ?
If everything isn't about you, does it make you have a bad day ?
Are you one that loves to sing the song by Toby Keith - I want to talk about me, me, me ?
If this is your situation - God has got some answers for you that will seriously improve your life. We are becoming a nation of basket cases - everything has got to be "just so, so" for people nowadays or they just aren't happy. That is about the definition of a basket case the way we use it today. Originally the words basket case meant someone who lost their limbs in a war - but now it's used for folks; that everything has got to be "just so, so" for them to be happy and productive.
The Bible tells us about the Apostle Paul in Philippians 4:11-13 Php 4:11- Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. KJV, that he had learned how to be content in whatever state he was in at the time. He had learned how to abound and be content, as well as how to be abased and be content. The Apostle Paul found himself in a lot of bad situations in his life, shipwrecked, stoned, imprisoned and beaten - but he still was able to overcome it and keep his chin up. He knew that it all would work together and be beneficial to him in the end. He could accomplish all things through his Lord, Jesus Christ. He could be happy in all things, he could be content and satisfied with whatever would come, because he had Christ as his strength. It didn't have to be about him all the time, it was about his Lord. Paul definately was not a basket case !
Let's be honest with ourselves, when everything has to be just so, so - isn't that really a sign of selfishness, childishness and being self absorbed ? A basket case could be no more than a helpless, selfish, childish person; one which everything has to be about me, me, me. Learn to be content with whatever life sends you and you will learn to be strong.
Why don’t you make a copy of this and read it ever so often, I have made a copy of it for myself and maybe it will help me be more content-John

GOD BLESS AMERICA---IN GOD WE TRUST

No comments:

Post a Comment